A positive morning routine can lower your stress levels and help you feel ready for the day ahead. Now that fall is here, it’s the perfect time to hit reset and change up your regular habits.
Your routine doesn’t have to be long and elaborate. The important thing is to set yourself up for a great day and feel good while you do it.
These simple practices can make a big difference in your mood and sense of accomplishment.
- Make your bed. Start your day by making your bed before you leave your bedroom. It’s a simple habit that only takes a couple of minutes, but it can set the tone for the rest of your day.
- Drink a glass of water. If a caffeinated beverage is your preferred first drink of the day, try drinking a glass of water first. Add a lemon slice if you want some flavor. (The important thing is to rehydrate after a night of rest.)
- Stay off your devices. Checking social media, your email or the news right after waking up can make you feel stressed and anxious.
- Do some light stretching. Whether it’s sun salutations or neck and shoulder stretches, establish a simple stretching routine you can do while drinking that first cup of water and waiting for your coffee or tea to brew.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. It’s undeniable that a healthy meal in the morning can be a great way to provide yourself with energy for whatever’s ahead. So, listen to some music or a podcast while you nourish your body with whole grains, lean proteins and fruit.
Do you have questions about your insurance coverage? Get in touch today.