Updates go into effect on October 26, 2019
Why We Collect Visitor Information
(1) Information is collected to provide real-time, accurate life insurance quotes.
(2) Information is collected to initiate the application request process and/or to begin the purchase of life insurance.
From Visitors, we collect: Information about the technical mechanisms you used to access the Site, such as your browser and operating system type, the link that brought you to our Site, data points that help our analytics function and which tell us what brought you to a particular spot on our Site, and Your IP address, which is automatically anonymized when used by our third party analytics services.
Collectively, this is “Usage Information.”
We use Usage Information to inspect, analyze, and improve our Site and ensure it functions well with the technology used by our Visitors. In addition to analytics about the demographics of our Site Visitors, we use IP Addresses for Visitors not to individually identify you, but to confirm we can deliver the Site and Services to you based on local legal rules.
Information Collected & How We Use It
Insurance Quote Request Form
This site provides free life insurance quotes. To provide accurate quotes, certain information must be collected, including state of residence, date of birth, gender, occupation, address, height and weight, coverage amount desired, term period desired, certain family history, certain health history, certain driving history, your citizenship status and tobacco use, (collectively, “Quote Information”). We use this information to calculate the price estimates for coverage you request. For simplified issue and guaranteed issue life insurance quotes, other health information may also be required.
All life insurance carriers have proprietary rate guidelines based on the previously mentioned information. To provide accurate quotes and rates, the information mentioned above must be collected.
Insurance Application Request Form
This form represents the initiation of the insurance purchasing process. By filling out this form, you are requesting contact by a member of our staff regarding your purchase of insurance. The information collected on this form (name, mailing address, email, and phone numbers) will be used only to contact you regarding your purchase of insurance. LiS does not sell or give away this information. LiS may share this information with life insurance carriers in an effort to provide the best service and products to you, our client.
This form also requests other health and lifestyle information required by the majority of insurance applications. You do not need to fill out this information online, but you will need to provide it during the application process.
Cookies and Web Beacons
If you use the Services, we also use a cookie to recognize you on return visits. You can remove cookies through your browser preferences menu, though the exact method varies depending on the type of browser you use – but note that you won’t be able to log into our Service if your cookies are completely disabled. If you visit from a mobile device, we may reference your device identifier or other information about where your visit originated. The various cookies used on our site last for ninety or more days.
- Show ads and to make recommendations for businesses and other organizations to people who may be interested in the products, services or causes they promote;
- Measure the performance of ad campaigns for us and for businesses that advertise with or through our Site, including through retargeting campaigns;
- Serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person; and
- Conduct web analytics on usage of our Site and Services.
Web beacons (also sometimes called “clear GIFs”) are small files stored and/or served on a website on in an email which collect, track, or transmit a data point back to us or to a third party. For example, we use a web beacon to assess whether an email message has been opened.
We use web beacons to facilitate advertising and functionality on our Site, as well, including without limitation to:
- Associate our users with the reports they provide about satisfaction with our Site and Services;
- Administer and monitor email campaigns;
- Analyze the portions of our Site that are used most often by our Visitors, as well as how Visitors interact with our site;
- Perform A/B testing on our Site;
- Optimize interaction with our data stores;
- Improve the functionality and usefulness of our support and support chat functions;
- Analyze the efficacy of our own advertising campaigns;
- Customize the content displayed to you on our site;
- Organize and administer other web beacons and cookies on our site;
- Conduct web analytics on usage of our Site and Services; and
- Enable, improve, and effect targeted and re-targeted advertising for our advertising partners on both our Site and their third-party sites such as Facebook.
In some cases, the above web beacons functions may be performed by custom HTML in our Site’s code.
We do not currently have the ability to recognize Do Not Track signals.
Other Uses of Personal Information on our Site and Services
In addition to the above, we may use your personally-identifiable information to:
- Otherwise provide, improve, maintain, or optimize the Services;
- Help underwrite and provide accurate insurance premium rate quotes;
- Provide insurers with the required information for applications;
- Provide or offer other financial and consumer products and services from partners with whom we have entered into a joint marketing agreement;
- Provide, maintain and improve customer service;
- Tailor your experience with the Services to your interests;
- Develop and improve the Site and the Services;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Communicate with you regarding the insurance products that you purchased through the Site as well as other products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- In addition, we may aggregate your Information with our other users’ Information and use that information for benchmarking and analysis purposes.
When visitors enter and navigate through the pages of our site, our server logs information, including the internet address of the server or computer contacting us, the date and time, the referring site and its URL, as well as the visitor’s browser, operating system, and screen resolution. This data is analyzed to understand better what our visitors are looking for and to improve the quality of our site. We look for trends, identify most- and least-visited pages, and collect broad demographic information. None of the information gathered through our log files is shared with or sold to outside organizations. Nor do we look at individual users and their usage patterns, or use these technologies to gather emails or personally identifiable information.
Communication with Clients
Once a user has initiated a relationship with LiS through this site, various forms of communication may ensue. They include
(1) contact by telephone
(2) contact by email;
(3) contact by mail
(4) contact by fax.
All contact is to help our clients apply for, purchase, and/or get life insurance. Contact will only come from a licensed agent and/or our processing staff.
If at any time you desire that we cease contact with you, please reply by e-mail, telephone, mail or fax and we will immediately remove you from our database.
How We Share Your Information
Quote Information and Application Information with insurance carriers to obtain quotes and submit and process insurance applications.
Information we collect, generally
- With certain third party vendors that help us administer the Site and/or Services (and who has agreed to keep personal information they receive confidential and use it only or the purpose of providing their piece of our Services), including by:
- Storing and hosting our content or your data;
- Performing analytics on our Site and Services; and
- Providing operations and marketing assistance to us.
- With corporate Affiliates including any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With counterparties in the course of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, some or all of the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To theextent permitted by law, when required by law, in connection with a court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
How We Secure Your Information
We secure information stored in our data stores using encryption at rest, and use additional encryption mechanisms to secure certain sensitive fields on our database. Our Site uses HTTPS and SSL protocols, and transmissions from the Site to our servers use TLS encryption standard or better. Vendors who receive personally-identifiable information from us are contractually obligated to impose no less than reasonable security measures on their storage infrastructure, and in any case no lesser measures than they use for their own data.
While we take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, we cannot guarantee perfect security – no internet-based Service can. No security system is impenetrable. Despite our security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have established business relationships with us may choose to opt out of our sharing their Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please contact us at 800-780-7794.
Visitors from outside the U.S.
If you are visiting the Site or any of the Services from a location outside of the U.S., your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. All Personal Information you provide to us will be maintained in web servers and/or internal systems located within the U.S. By providing us with any Personal Information through the Site or any of the Services, you consent to transfer of such Personal Information to the U.S.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not give us any personal information and do not use the Site. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, please contact us immediately, and we will delete that information from our databases.
LiS does not spam. Spam or UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email) is an attempt to deliver an email to someone who would not choose to receive it. If you receive an email from LiS, it is because (1) you expressly shared your email address with us for the purpose of receiving information in the future (also known as “opt-in”), or (2) you have purchased from us or have a current relationship with us.
How to Opt-Out
This site is open for public use without providing any personally identifiable information.
By providing your personally identifiable information on this site, you are explicitly initiating a relationship (as defined by the National Do Not Call Registry) with Life Insurance Simplified and are inviting, consenting to, and requesting contact and information from us, which may be provided to you online, by phone, fax, email, or mail by LiS or one of our carriers, affiliates, vendors, or partners. As such, you are waiving any right (including claims under the Telemarketing Sales Rule) extending in perpetuity to claim that we contacted you without your express consent.
If, at any time, you desire that we cease contact with you, we will honor your request to place you on our internal “Do Not Contact” list.
You can unsubscribe from our email mailing list at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any one of our emails. Or simply reply with the message “unsubscribe”.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can opt-out of certain of cookies and tracking technologies by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-out here. Note that this opt-out only applies to certain cookies and tracking technologies we use.
Update/Change Personal Information
If you would like to update or change the personal information we have on file for you, please contact us at 800-780-7794.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any additional questions or would like more information regarding our information collection, this document, our procedures and policies, this site, or your relationship with us, please contact us at the address below.
Life Insurance Simplified
600 Cobb Galleria Pkwy Ste 950
Atlanta, GA 30339